Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Simplicity Sew Along progress

I am on a sewing high at the moment. Just finished Day 3 of the Simplicity 2226 Sew Along, hosted over on Noodlehead. My skirt is looking, dare I say, pretty polished so far. Did my first ever French seam, and I'm sold. That's a really nice seam. I love how professional it looks without all the dang threads everywhere inside the garment. I can't wait to have it all finished. I'll be wearing it to work next week, I hope.

Here's a sneak peak (from my camera phone, not the best):



Just wanted to pop in with that!

Oh and: Also to say thank you to those who left comments on my question about whether you like reading the personal bits on the blogs you follow. I've thought about it some more and my conclusion is this: a blog belongs to its author and it's a reflection of that author, and I'm not into absolute formulas that say "yes" it's OK to do this on your blog or "no" it's not OK to do that. This place has to be what I want it to be. It's got to be authentically "me." The blogs I really love do give me a glimpse of the writer's life beyond their craftiness. I like a nice mix. Anyway, whatever moment of insecurity I was having seems to have passed. I'm just going to do what feels right here from now on and not worry too much about it. Sound good?

2 comments:

  1. I love that fabric! Do you mind if I ask where you got it? It's going to be a perfect fall skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got it at Jo-Ann's, in the apparel section. It was in an aisle called "suitings." I have no idea what it is exactly, but it's heavier than cotton, but not too heavy. And soft but not too soft. Really nice!

    ReplyDelete