Thursday, December 1, 2011

Detroit Urban Craft Fair and kickoff to Handmade Ornament Event

I'm so geeked for this weekend. It's a big weekend.

Why?

It's Detroit Urban Craft Fair weekend!

Also known as one of the reasons I fell in love with the handmade community. One of the biggest inspirations that led me to explore my own creative side and take up sewing. I owe a lot to this event, truly!


If you're in Detroit, you going? You should! There are 60 vendors and I swear, something at each and every table will strike your fancy. You'll be blown away at the collective creative energy and talent you see. And the friendliness. That too.

I'm extra excited this year, because I've turned my annual trek to the craft fair into a Day O'Detroit Shopping. My mom and aunt are coming with me. We're going to fit up many wonderful shopping places in downtown Detroit. The biggest problem will probably be remembering to buy for Christmas gifts and not just for me me me!

I really cannot wait. I'm going to take a lot of pictures this year and will recap the day o'shopping fun next week.

Also next week (on Friday, to be exact), I'll be sharing a handmade Christmas ornament tutorial over at the 12 Days of Handmade Ornaments event at Sew Woodsy. It kicks off today, so click on over there when you get a chance. The first ornament is up, and it's cute. And really easy, too.


3 comments:

  1. Ooh that looks like loads of fun, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Krista!

    Wow - thank you so much for the kind words. It brings a tear to my eye! Definitely stop by the Handmade Detroit table and say hi.

    -Lish
    Detroit Urban Craft Fair

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm heading out there tomorrow as well - maybe I'll see you and your lovely heather ross purse again :)

    ReplyDelete