Saturday, August 13, 2011

Simple Saturday project

If you're ever looking for a very easy project that doesn't involve any needles at all, try Mod Podging some coasters.
 

It's very simple. Buy ceramic tiles at a hardware store. Find scraps of fabric or wrapping paper or even things like postcards and cut them the same size as your tile. Apply a thin layer of Mod Podge to the tile and press the fabric or whatever you're using smoothly into place. Add a few top coasts of Mod Podge, spray with a sealer, hot glue a piece of felt to the bottom, and you have unique, handmade coasters.  I first learned of this technique from Prudent Baby and have since made my own many times. Anytime I have really cute paper or scraps I don't know what to do with, I set them aside and think: coasters.

This is my "Peace and Love" coaster. It's a fabric scrap and a little heart sticker. Groovy, right?

And this one is a favorite postcard from New York City with a breathtaking cafe au lait on it. That's my definition of heaven right there. I like using this one for -- what else? -- my morning cup of coffee!

This one was made with leftover wrapping paper. It's so girly, not really me. But I like it anyway!

Super quick and easy. I don't know if I will ever be able to fork over money for a set of coasters again knowing how easy they are to make. Go make some!

No comments:

Post a Comment