Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Henry Shirt Sew Along starting Friday!


Are you joining in the Henry Shirt Sew Along that's coming later this week? I hope so! Here are some details to get you prepared.

Leila from the blog Bilingual Baby and I will be tackling The Henry Shirt from the recently published book Sewing for Boys, starting on Friday! There's still time to join us. The book is available on Amazon.com, and it has great reviews, beautiful photos and many, many unique and detailed projects for a little boy's wardrobe. Plus, one of the authors is a metro Detroiter, so I gotta put that out there. 

Order the book, grab a couple yards of coordinating fabric, a little interfacing, and some snaps. Then you'll be good to go. Here's the (loose) schedule if you want to join! I'm going to do my best to stick with it, but you know how it is. Mommy life with a baby and a 3-year-old and a new position at work and a holiday next week -- there are all sorts of ways I could get off-track. But it's casual, right? Right.


Day 1: Getting started and talking fabric choices. Leila's also going to write about fit and adjusting for your child’s body. I will probably talk about how I'm intimidated. Yeah, I've never really sewn a nice, detailed garment for my kid before. It's going to be new for me.
Day 2: Cutting
Day 3: Prepping details and any catch-up.
Day 4: Assemble the body.
Day 5: Attach yoke and sleeves.
Day 6: Collar
Day 7: Finishing! And showing off your final shirt!

See? Very doable! I think you'd be able to participate if you have an hour to spare a day, and some days likely much less. So please join us! We'll have a link party ready to go for Friday where you can drop a link to your blog or flickr page if you're participating. 

Anyone in?

2 comments: