Friday, April 8, 2011

Things I dig: Spring wreaths!

All across blog land this week, I've been drooling over the beautiful spring wreaths designed by you super creative blogging ladies.

I have never made a wreath myself. Perhaps it is easy peasy. Perhaps it is one of those crafts you just can't believe people actually do themselves, and then when you try it you're like, OK, I get it. It's simple.

In any case, I'm jealous of all your fabulous wreath-making abilities! And inspired. I thought for this week's Things I Dig post (something I'm trying to do each Friday), I'd spotlight a bunch of the gorgeous wreaths I've been oohing and aahing over. Maybe I'll even attempt to make one this weekend.




 From the blog Peppermint Plum comes this cute wreath, made with $5 worth of supplies, including berry strands from the dollar store.



I love those fabric flowers! And the burlap. And the buttons, some of which were her grandmother's. Isn't that sweet? From the blog Sugar Baby Boutique.

Perhaps my favorite. It is so whimsical, so sweet! I love the thinness of the actual wreath and the color scheme. From the blog The Silly Pearl.


Love the pop of yellow. This one is made entirely of felt flowers. It must have taken ages to make all of them! But the results are stunning. From the blog Dragonfly Designs.

ADORABLE! This one is done by wrapping strips of vintage sheets over and over and over. From the blog In Color Order. You can buy vintage sheets from her Etsy shop to make your own! I am so so tempted. Love this one.


Now this one is just fun. Delightful. A wreath made of, what else? Peeps! Only one package of peeps is harmed in the making of this wreath. From the blog A Pumpkin and a Princess.


Burlap rules. As do felt flowers. And that little Spring sign, made with a Sihlouette, that's so freaking sweet I want to explode. From the blog {Boogaboo}Handmade.


Hemp cording must be a cousin of burlap. Because I love it, too! This is her second attempt at a wreath, and it's lovely, isn't it? From the blog Stay-At-Home-Artist.


So, which is your favorite? Which one would you attempt to make? I want them all, personally. And if you have made a spring wreath, please share it in the comments with a link to your blog! I'd love to take a look!

5 comments:

  1. You are so sweet! All your comments about each wreath were so thoughtful. Thanks for featuring mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, that thin wreath and the vintage sheet wrapped one are so lovely. Thanks for showing my berry wreath! :)

    -Annie @ {PeppermintPlum}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for featuring my wreath! I love all of these - they are SO cute!! You should definitely try making one - it really is easy peasy! If I can do it, anybody can do it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks to all YOU for your inspiration and tutorials! I think a glue gun is going on my Mother's Day wish list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the vintage sheet one... these are all cute! Great ideas!

    ReplyDelete