Tuesday, January 3, 2012

2012 Sewing Inspiration

I trekked to the book store yesterday to return a book I received for Christmas. I hightailed it right to the sewing books, pulled five or six off the shelves and sat in a chair for 30 minutes thumbing through them, trying to decide which one to buy. They all had great looking projects in them; how I wish I had $100 or more to just drop on new sewing books. But I finally decided on this one:


1-2-3 Sew, by Ellen Luckett Baker of the great blog The Long Thread. I like the progression of projects and the way they help you build your skills. I could use some work on my skills. There are a few projects inside I'm particularly excited about.


The Circle Floor pillow, Pleated Satchel, Yo-yo Scarf and Initial Blanket are tops on my list. Aren't these all so cute? And each project would expand on my skills since I've never done reverse applique, a heavily pleated projects, any fabric yo-yos or even a basic blanket stitch. I have lots to learn!

Did you get a new source of sewing inspiration over the holidays? There are so many great books out there, do share which one is topping your list right now!

1 comment:

  1. Heh, I've spent several lunch hours at work sitting in the sewing section of the book shop. Modern Blocks is topping my list right now :o)

    ReplyDelete