Thursday, October 6, 2011

Nursing cover and patchwork burp cloth




Did some present sewing last week. A black and white nursing cover for a friend of mine down in Florida. She's having a baby any day now! I waited until the last minute on this one. Sorry girl! But the package should be arriving there today at the latest, so I figured I could share with you all. Nursing covers are so easy to make, and they are incredible useful. I made one for myself that I use every single day. Or at least every single day I leave my house or have company over. It's just so nice to be able to nurse wherever, whenever. I'm a big proponent of that, never one to want to go to some other room unless the baby just really needs quiet. So my nursing cover gets tons of use.

This one is a black and white fabric I found at Jo-Anns. Nishba requested black and white. I followed the Prudent Baby tutorial. I did make one change. Instead of using the thinner boning, I bought 1-inch belting for the top, where the nursing cover poofs out so you can peer in at baby. I think it had a bit more structure this way.

I also did a patchwork burp cloth that matches, sorta.



This was just fun for me. I wanted to do something patchy ever since I saw these patchy bibs on A Little Gray. Her patchwork is so perfect, it's impressive. Mine, a little less so. But it's OK. Tried to keep the colors very boyish, since I hear that's what she is having! Can't wait to see the little guy! 


Enjoy, Nishba!

2 comments:

  1. um what are you talking about Krista? Your patchwork looks awesome! I love the fabrics you chose. There is something soothing about simple square patchwork isn't there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Krista -

    I got the package yesterday afternoon and I loved everything in it!! :) I'm excited to use the cover, although as an introvert, it might take me a while to use it as much as you do! ha! i really, really like the patchwork burpcloth too. (not to mention the things I won on this blog!) I love practical things and I couldn't have asked for more. Thank you!!

    I can't wait to meet the little guy too!

    -N

    ReplyDelete