Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Baby soft blocks for the Easter basket





Look ma, I made something that isn't flat!

Every time I show my mother something I've sewn, instead of lavishing me with compliments for my fine workmanship or spectacular creative viewpoint, she retorts, "How many flat things can you possibly make?"

Then she looks closely at my stitching and tells me that my projects are cute as long as you don't look too closely. 

So these baby soft blocks are for my loving mother, as well as for J.J. They're 3-dimensional, plush and just perfect, mmmkay?

I used the tutorial from Zaaberry. It only takes about 30 minutes to make one of these -- or even less time, I'd gather, if you aren't also trying to nurse a baby at the same time! One is blue, green and brown. The other orange, green and brown. I had all these fabric scraps on hand. You only need a 4-by-4 inch square for each side of the blocks, so this is a perfect project if you have a lot of coordinating scraps to use up! I didn't have any matchy ribbon for the orange block, but added a few turquoise loops to the blue one.

Cute, no? I can't wait until J.J. starts playing with things! Especially soft non-flat things made for him by me. :)

5 comments:

  1. Those are so cute... and you can never have too many cute, flat things :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! These blocks are wonderful! I love the fabric choices and I have no doubt that your little man will love them, too. Thanks for your nice comment on my princess Leia onsie. It made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I am super late commenting but those blocks are adorable! Thanks for linking them up!

    ReplyDelete